A few years ago I learned what that "magic" was all about. It is something that has been around forever, yet the health benefits that it provides have not been studied until recently. It is called "Earthing" or "Grounding".
|Here is my walking path (and my dog, Aegis). I walk in my |
grounding sandals because the road is too rocky for bare feet..
The Wellness Mama stated:
Basically, the theory is that our bodies are meant to come into contact with the Earth (a “grounding” force) on a regular basis. Positive electrons in the form of free radicals (ever heard of those guys?) can build up in our bodies and direct contact with the ground balances this out as it is a negative grounding charge.She lists the health benefits of earthing:
Our bodies and cells have electrical energy, and especially with the high prevalence of Electromagnetic waves, Wi-Fi and mobile phone waves, many of us have a high amount of positive electrons built up in our bodies.
- Reducing inflammation by defusing excess positive electrons
- Reducing chronic pain
- Improving Sleep
- Increasing Energy
- Lowering stress and promoting calmness by reducing stress hormones.
- Normalizing biological rhythms including circadian rhythm
- Improving blood pressure and blood flow
- Relieving muscle tension and headache
- Lessens menstrual and female hormone symptoms
- Speeds healing- used in some places to prevent bed sores
- Can eliminate jet lag
- Protecting the body from EMFs
- Shortens recovery time from injury or athletic activity
- Reducing or eliminating snoring
- Helping support adrenal health
Then I moved to Panama (on the beach) and we lived in an old beach house that didn't have any grounded outlets. (You need grounded outlets for the earthing sheet and mat to work.) Man that was a fire hazard for sure. One of our ceiling fans would pump out excess electricity so that the light bulb connected to it would flash about once every 15 minutes when turned off. (no joke!).
When we first moved to Panama I walked barefoot on the beach for about 45 minutes about 5 times a week. It took awhile but the chronic bursitis in my hips started to go away after a month or so of walking. Then, I stopped going to the beach so often, maybe only going once a week. The pain came back.
We recently moved to the mountains, because the beach was too hot for us. And now I have a newer place that has grounded outlets, so the earthing mat and earthing sheet are back in business.
|Groundals are available in gold, silver or black, women's sizes. But shortly they |
will be available for men, and also with a nice fabric strap instead of the rubber one.
You can reap the benefits of being grounded when you walk barefoot (or wear these sandals) on:
If you don't believe me that electrons can act as antioxidants, Here is a study by the National Institute of Health, the conclusion:
The research summarized here and in subsequent reports provides a basis for a number of earthing technologies that restore and maintain natural electrical contact between the human body and the earth throughout the day and night in situations where going barefoot on the earth is impractical. It is proposed that free or mobile electrons from the earth can resolve chronic inflammation by serving as natural antioxidants.Walking barefoot DOES make you feel better. Being grounded while sleeping CAN help you sleep better. And these sandals can give you the same benefit.
Some tips to help you use your Groundals better:
- The Groundals (grounding sandals) are a little tight -- they run small so when you order make sure you order a size or two larger than normal. I am regularly a size 8 to 8 1/2 and I had to order a large.
- Wear them around the house first to break them in a bit (maybe a day or two of wearing them for a couple hours before going on a 2 hour walk).
- If you put on lotion or have sweaty feet, the black rubber will rub off on your soles for the first few times you wear them.
ENTER TO WIN:
We are giving away a FREE pair of Groundals to a lucky winner, so please enter to win below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
About Me: Hi! I am Rebecca :) I am the owner of Purify Your Body Detox Foot Pads. I love natural health and wellness, and I love to eat real food. :)
I love my family, and my pets. I actually love all animals -- they are much nicer than most humans! I don't watch TV and haven't watched a movie in the theater for more than 9 months. I would much rather read a book!
I love to garden and make homemade products -- body butter, toothpaste, perfume, cheese, yogurt, etc. It tastes better when it's made from scratch! Contact me here: email@example.com
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.