I also have arthritis in my SI joint but I do not know where that came from -- I cannot pin point the cause. But I have inflammation in my hip joints and my hip bursae, (not arthritis but inflammation caused by who knows what). The combination of all these "issues" is extremely frustrating.
Primal Joint Support Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
So, here is my review. I am taking the below list of ingredients from their website. I have some issue with the vitamins they used because they are synthetically created in a lab and our bodies will not be able to absorb them effectively. Especially the B-vitamins folic acid and cyanocobalamin. They should have used at the bare minimum folinic acid if not folate. And they should have used methylcobalamin which is one of the most popular forms of "active" B-12. Unfortunately, most of the supplements out there contain these forms, so we won't ding them too much for that.
They have a LOT of other good ingredients.
Let's take a look.
- Turmeric and Curcumin C3 Complex: Studies have demonstrated that at high enough levels, turmeric curcumin can lead to large and lasting improvements for arthritis patients. While reducing joint pain, this healthy ingredient will also boost your liver health, lower your cholesterol, and prevent Alzheimer’s.
- Olive Leaf Extract: Olive leaf oil contains a compound called oleuropein. This polyphenol is a powerful antioxidant, and prevents the buildup of uric acid. This in turn helps to treat and prevent gout. Its anti-inflammatory properties make it an excellent treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis as well.
- Bromelain: This enzyme found in pineapple juice is excellent for reducing inflammation and is particularly effective in treating arthritis of the knee. How does it work? Bromelain naturally triggers the body to produce substances that combat pain and inflammation. It is also a digestive enzyme and can help with other health issues.
- Boswellin: This is the extract of Boswellia serrata, a form of Indian frankincense. Like turmeric curcumin, this herb extract has a long history of use in traditional Ayurvedic medicine. Clinical studies have demonstrated its effectiveness, particularly for osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Pine Bark: This extract is made using the bark of the maritime pine tree, Pinus pinaster. In a double-blind study, researchers discovered that participants who took pine bark experienced a 55% improvement in joint pain. It is also sometimes used as an alternative treatment for certain types of cancer.
- White Willow Bark: This is another herbal extract with a very long history of medicinal use. White willow bark has been prescribed to patients with inflammation and fever for thousands of years, clear back to 400 BC, when Hippocrates lived. The bark contains a chemical called salicin, as well as antioxidant polyphenols and flavonoids. Studies have demonstrated that these chemicals and other compounds make white willow bark an effective anti-inflammatory herbal extract. Its pain relief properties can be as effective as aspirin’s, and at a much lower dose.
- BioPerine: It has an unusual name, but believe it or not, it is simply black pepper extract. This extract is included in the supplement to boost its overall efficacy. How? BioPerine increases the bioavailability of other substances, helping your body to absorb more nutrition. With BioPerine included in our supplement, your body can benefit more from every vitamin, mineral and herbal extract we include.
- Vitamin B Complex: This joint support formula includes vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, B12, and B5. While these are in their synthetic forms as I mentioned, it seems to me that most all multi-vitamins and supplements that contain the B-vitamins have synthetic versions (so you have to watch out for that).
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.