Some common chemicals include:
- Parabens: Synthetic preservatives known to interfere with hormone production and release.
- Phthalates: Another synthetic preservative that’s carcinogenic and linked to reproductive effects (decreased sperm counts, early breast development, birth defects) and liver and kidney damage.
- Synthetic musks: These are linked to hormone disruption and are thought to persist and accumulate in breast milk, body fat, umbilical cord blood, and the environment.
So, let's make our own perfume -- then we know the EXACT ingredients that we are using, and avoid toxic chemicals that can cause health issues for us and our family.
We will be using pure essential oils from my friend, Alethea, who owns Essential Anew. She has taught me to make my own perfume and I am sharing that with you now.
First some information on mixing perfume. Essential oils must be used in an oil base. For perfume, Jojoba oil is best but Grapeseed, Apricot kernel or Almond oil will work just as well.
Then we will be using vodka. It is best to add equal amounts oil and vodka, so, these recipes are for a base of 1 T. of each oil and vodka.
1 T Oil (Jojoba, grapeseed, apricot kernel or almond oil)
1 T Vodka
Essential oils (some good oil combinations are below)
1. Mix together the ingredients as listed, oil and vodka first, in a dark glass container with a lid.Then add the essential oils.
2. After the essential oils are added it is important to let the mixture sit for two weeks prior to use. Be sure to store the oil in a dark bottle in a cool place.
3. Shake 3 times a day.
4. After 2 weeks,you can either use the same glass container you stored the mixture in, or move it to another container with a spray top or dropper top.
Here are some delicious recipes you can try:
Amorous: 3 drops Jasmine 3 drops Neroli 4 drops Orange
Amor For Men: 2 drops Coriander 3 drops Lime 4 drops Sandalwood
Amor For Women: 3 drops Bergamot 2 drops Jasmine 3 drops Sandalwood
Young at Heart: 9 drops Grapefruit 1 drop Rose Geranium 1 drop Ylang Ylang
Mysterious: 8 drops Sandalwood 3 drops Lavender 1 drop Cedarwood Spicy
Ardor: 8 drops Sandalwood 2 drops Orange 1 drop Patchouli 1 drop Ylang Ylang
Feeling Happy: 5 drops Bergamot 5 drops Grapefruit 1 drop Rose Geranium
Hopelessly Devoted: 1 drop Clary Sage 3 drops Patchouli 2 drops Rose 4 drops Rosewood
The thing about making your own perfume is that you can always add more of one oil or less and personalize it. My absolute favorite mixture combination is lemongrass, jasmine and sweet orange, and I do about 7 drops lemongrass, 10 drops jasmine, and 5 drops sweet orange.
About Me: Hi! I am Rebecca :) I am the owner of Purify Your Body Detox Foot Pads. I love natural health and wellness, and I love to eat real food. :)
I love my family, and my pets. I actually love all animals -- they are much nicer than most humans! I don't watch TV and haven't watched a movie in the theater for more than 9 months. I would much rather read a book!
I love to garden and make homemade products -- body butter, toothpaste, perfume, cheese, yogurt, etc. It tastes better when it's made from scratch! Contact me here: firstname.lastname@example.org