So many people don't understand the difference between a cold or the flu (influenza). And many times they say they have the stomach flu, which is misleading. When you have "the flu" you don't have stomach symptoms (diarrhea or vomiting). Vomiting and diarrhea are most always caused by either food poisoning or a stomach bug/virus, NOT a flu virus.
Here is a chart that shows different symptoms for colds, the flu and allergies, to help you identify what one you may have. They are not always accurate, but for the most part this chart is a good guide. But in order to be 100% positive in identifying the flu, you need to go to the doctor and get tested.
But until then, the best ways to prevent the flu are:
1. Get adequate vitamin D3 and K2
2. Get plenty of rest
3. Drink plenty of liquids
4. Eat well (one of the best things for boosting your immune system is fermented food products like cultured sauerkraut, kefir, kombucha, kimchi, etc).
5. Detox those toxins out of your body (yes, my detox foot pads!)
If you get the flu, here are some tips:
1. Homemade bone broth. This is important. Store bought broth will not do the trick. You will be amazed at the healing properties
2. My detox foot pads again, of course!
3. Vitamin C and Zinc.
4. Elderberry syrup
5. Manuka honey
6. Essential oils (for viruses and colds and flus I recommend lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, frankincense and cloves -- be sure you use them properly)
Feel good this season. Stay health and keep your family healthy. Best wishes for an amazing holiday season.