Here is my Max, getting an IV last night at the vet. (err, this morning). He was so loopy... and barely fit on the cart.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
Here is my Max, getting an IV last night at the vet. (err, this morning). He was so loopy... and barely fit on the cart.
Monday, September 24, 2012
Passive Cardiovascular Conditioning Effect
Infrared Sauna Therapy makes it possible for people in wheelchairs, or those who have a disability that affect their ability to exercise to achieve a cardiovascular training effect. Regular use of a sauna may impact a similar stress on the cardiovascular system, and its regular use may be as effective, as a means of cardiovascular conditioning and burning of calories, as regular exercise." - Journal of the American Medical Association 8/7/81. Due to the deep penetration of the infrared rays generated by the Far Infrared Sauna, there is a heating effect deep in the muscular tissues and the internal organs. The body responds to this deep-heating effect via an hypothalamic-induced increase in both heart volume and rate. This beneficial heart stress leads to a sought-after cardiovascular training and conditioning effect. Medical researches confirm the use of a sauna provides cardiovascular conditioning as the body works to cool itself and involves substantial increases in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate.
Fat becomes water-soluble at a temperature of 100 F° before it begins to dissolve and enter the bloodstream to be removed from the body. In a FIR Sauna fat is also removed through sweat and cellulite. Weight loss is one of the benefits of using a FIR sauna each day for only 20-40 minutes. A single sauna session will burn 200-500 calories, as many as rowing a boat for 30 minutes or running several miles. Many people who have attempted weight loss through dieting and have not been successful will be pleased with their results from using a FIR sauna. Often the inability to lose weight is associated with chemical toxicity. As these toxins are removed from the body while using the FIR sauna, weight loss naturally follows. FIR saunas are the ONLY natural, healthy way to burn calories without exercising.
Use of a FIR sauna has a cumulative effect on the body, meaning that using it daily magnifies its benefits. The first time you use the FIR sauna will be a pleasant experience. However, after several days and then weeks, detoxification, weight loss, immune building and other benefits will increase dramatically. One must experience this cumulative effect to understand it completely.
Burns up to 500 & more calories in just one 30-minute Infrared Sauna Therapy session. Here are how many calories a 150-pound person normally burns up in 30 minutes of exercise:
SPORT : CALORIES
- Rowing (peak effort) : 600
- Swimming (crawl stroke) : 300
- Jogging : 300
- Tennis (fast game) : 265
- Chopping Wood : 265
- Cycling (10mph) : 225
- Golfing (without a cart) : 150
- Walking (3.5mph) : 150
- Bowling : 120
- Vigorous Racquet Ball : 510
- Marathon Running 593
- Musculoskeletal Cases - success reported with infrared treatments include TMJ, arthritis, back pain, tight muscles, shoulder tension, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, compression fracture.
- Decreases joint stiffness
- Infrared Sauna Therapy relieves muscle spasms.
- Infrared Sauna Therapy produces pain relief.
- Infrared Sauna Therapy increases blood flow.
- Infrared Sauna Therapy assists in resolution of inflammatory infiltrates, edema and exudates.
- The increased peripheral circulation provides the transportation needed to help evacuate the edema, which can help stop inflammation, decrease pain and help speed healing.
- Soft tissue injury
- Lumbar strain
- Periarthritis of the shoulder
- Pain during Menstruation
- Eczema with infection
- Post-surgical infections
- Pelvic infection
- Pediatric Pneumonia
- Frostbite with inflammation
- Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
- Nervous Tension
- Children's Over-tired Muscles
- Varicose Veins
- Strained Muscles
- Stretch Marks
- Menstrual Cramps
- Upset Stomachs
- Leg and Decubitus Ulcers: failed to heal using conventional approaches
- Post-Operative Edema: treatment with infrared has been so successful that hospital stays were reported to have been reduced by 25%
- Nettle rash
- Clogged pores are unplugged of cosmetics creating a skin texture and tone of unexcelled quality. Mikkel Aaland's book Sweat (Capra Press, 1978) quotes a Finnish doctor to the effect that: "The best dressed foreigner can come into a doctor's office, and when his skin is examined, it is found to be rough as bark. On the other hand, as a result of the sauna, the skin of any Finnish worker is supple and healthy"
- Poor skin tone is restored to a more youthful level
- Scars and pain from burns or wounds are decreased in severity and extent. Infrared therapy is used routinely in burn units throughout Asia
- Lacerations heal quicker and with less pain and scarring
- Acne: Three or four infrared treatments may open pores that have not been functioning in years, forcing out clogging cosmetics and loosening dead outer skin. The sauna is thus a boon to teenage skin, clearing acne and blackheads
- Body odor: by improving the function of the skin, the infrared treatments may eliminate the cause of offensive body odor. It definitely reduces body odorr induced by occupational exposure to odorous chemicals
- Eczema and Psoriasis: reported to have responded extremely well to infrared treatments
- Sunburn: according to the 9th edition of Clayton's Electrotherapy, "infrared is the only antidote to excessive ultraviolet radiation."
- Keloids forms at a reduced rate in those prone to their formation with infrared treatments and may be softened by use of infrared systems if they have form,
Scars on SkinCellulite
- Excellent for increasing blood circulation to the skin, which is essential for beautiful, youthful, glowing skin.
- A new "inner glow" as the skin is free of accumulated dirt and dry skin cells, due to deep cleansing of impurities.
- Improves the conditions of acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns and any skin lesions and cuts.
- Open wounds heal quicker with reduced scarring.
- Removes roughness, leaving skin baby smooth and soft again.
- Firms and improves skin tone and elasticity
Scars fully formed, even keloids, may be gradually softened. Burns and other wounds or incisions may heal with significantly reduced scarring.
Flexibility:Relieves pain and Stiffness:
- Cellulite is a gel-like substance made up of fat, water and wastes, which are trapped in pockets below the skin. An Infrared Thermal System can assist this condition, as profuse sweating helps clear this form of unwanted debris from the body.
- European beauty specialists confirm that a sauna will greatly speed any anti-cellulite program.
- Due to at least twice the depth of heat penetration into cellulite combined with up to 10 times the level of heating in these tissues, an Infra Therapist System can be significantly more effective than any conventional sauna.
A Far-Infrared Sauna is perfect as a "heat therapy room" for athletes looking for a pre-workout warm-up to warm up muscles and increase flexibility, helping to prevent injury. It's also ideal for pre-warm-up for physical therapy and massage therapy, or for a relaxing, wind-down at the end of a stress-filled day.
The deep heat of the far infrared sauna helps peripheral blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to muscle and soft tissue injuries. Increased blood circulation carries off metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen-rich blood to oxygen-depleted muscle, so they recover faster. Muscles relax most readily when tissues are warm, for greater flexibility and range of motion.
Improves the Immune System:
Sauna's deep heat raises your body temperature, inducing an artificial fever. As it works to combat the "fever," the body's immune system is strengthened. Combined with the elimination of toxins and wastes produced by the intense sweating, the overall health and resistance to disease is increased.
Increases Blood Circulation and Strengthens Cardiovascular System:
While the moisture on the surface of the skin evaporates and thus cools the body, a number of other changes occur in the body to release the heat as quickly as possible. The heart beats harder and faster , pumping more blood through the dilated blood vessels, thus achieving the conditioning benefits of continuous exercise.
As the body increases sweat production to cool itself, the heart works harder pumping blood at a greater rate to boost circulation, supplying the conditioning benefits of continuous exercise. Heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate increase, while diastolic blood pressure drops, for improved overall cardiovascular fitness.
Increased blood circulation stimulates the sweat glands, releasing built-up toxins and waste. Daily sweating can help detoxify the body as it rids itself of an accumulation of potentially carcinogenic heavy metals (lead, mercury, nickel, cadmium) as well as alcohol, nicotine, sodium, sulfuric acid and cholesterol.
Reduces Stress and Fatigue:
Perhaps the most immediate relief this far infrared sauna offers is simple relaxation, as it melts away the stresses and tensions of urban life. infrared sauna gives an overall massaging effect, soothing jangled nerves and knotted muscles.
Improves Skin Condition:
The profuse sweating achieved after just a few minutes in far infrared sauna carries off deeply imbedded impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing and immaculately clean, Increased circulation draws the skin's own natural nutrients to the surface. It improves tone, elasticity, texture and fresh color of the skin. Increased blood circulation has also been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions and cuts. In addition, open wounds may heal more quickly, reducing scarring.
Source: Evolution Health (www.evolutionhealth.com)
Friday, September 21, 2012
The more redness that appears, it is safe to say, the more pain that the person is in. All of the practitioners who have done gua sha on me have told me how dark and red I end up being. I can't guarantee that I am in more "pain" than another, but I constantly am in pain and really enjoy the feeling of relief that this brings me.
"Gua sha therapy (Scraping therapy) is an ancient Chinese traditional natural therapy and is based on the theory of Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), By scraping the skin of the relevant parts of the human body with the tools of horns , jade or other material, We can get the purpose of promoting blood circulation and dredging meridians.
With the skin being scraped by a gua sha tool, The skin will be raised small red petechiae which called 'sha' in chinese ,and the "sha"will fade within 2 or 3 days. By Raising sha, the capillaries will be highly dilated and it will enhance the sweat secretion and circulation of the body blood.It will helps to remove blood stagnation which considered pathogenic and promote body metabolic processes.
Gua sha has immediate effect for Hypertension, stiffness, heat stroke, fever, cough, chill, nausea,and muscle pain caused by cold syndrome. The patient will experience immediate relief from above symptom after gua sha tehrapy. By performing gua sha regulary, we also can coordinate the "qi" of the body, relieve fatigue and enhance immune function of the body." (http://www.guashashop.com/gua-sha-treatment/what-is-gua-sha/)
Here are some resources for you to read to find out more about gua sha if you are interested:
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Like me, others use Purify Your Body detox foot pads to maintain good health. Why wait until you are sick to detox your body!Here is a testimonial from one of my long term customers who really feels the difference in his life! "I am generally in good health: I'm physically fit, maintain a healthy weight, eat well, and exercise. I probably don't get enough sleep (and drink too much coffee), but overall I'm pretty healthy. Several months ago I was having some skin issues and had not been feeling quite myself. I also was noticing some soreness on the bottom of my feet. With some skepticism, I decided to try the detox foot pads. I started with three pads on each foot, and then switched to one pad per foot. Within just a few days I started noticing improvements with my skin, my overall energy level, and the soreness in my feet improved. After about a week, my skin cleared up and my feet felt normal again! I still use the detox foot pads three to five nights a week as maintenance, and I feel great! This detox system really works for me!" BB - Kansas On another note, I just created a Pinterest account for Purify Your Body, a place to pin some good health articles and tips, and a place for me to establish an array of alternative medicine resources. Feel free to follow my pins! I am a bit new to this so there will be a learning curve for me!Follow Me!
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
And many of us still live in fear, right here in the United States of America, where free men used to roam.
Monday, September 10, 2012
- Holly Bullard
Saturday, September 8, 2012
The types of "dirt" that can always be found in my home include diatomaceous earth, bentonite clay and French green clay.
A little background... I have been using diatomaceous earth for years now, mostly around my home and garden, and twice a year I feed it to my dogs and myself as a parasite cleanse. But I have only been using French Green Clay and Bentonite Clay externally, for maybe 7 years. I didn't start using it internally until recently. I prefer the taste of French Green Clay, personally. Bentonite clay can be sort of gel like, and textures really get to me.
Here are my Top Ten Reasons to Eat Dirt:
1. French Green Clay has been shown to reduce radiation poisoning symptoms. It was used after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster, and again it is being used now by the Japanese with their current nuclear issues. (this should be taken internally with water).
2. Clay neutralizes poisoning, food poisoning, and even arsenic poisoning! (take 1 tsp with a 8oz cup of water every hour for 6 hours). You should be fully recovered the next day (how amazing is that?)
3. Clay cleans out your whole digestive tract, adsorbing and neutralizing toxins, chemicals, and keeps you regular.
4. Clay can win the battle against bacteria, even drug resistant bacteria such as MRSA and staph.
5. Clay provides many nutrients and is loaded with minerals. Once your body gets these much needed minerals, you have so much energy and the fatigue of daily life is gone.
6. Clay's most common use here in the U.S. is for beauty products -- a clay mask (super easy to do at home, no need to go to a salon or spa), clay bath, or even a body wrap to smooth those cellulite pockets! It firms the skin, makes your face feel so smooth and wrinkle free. I use it on my face once a week. I would recommend no more than 2x per week.
7. Clay can be used to pull out toxins in your body, just soak your feet or your whole body in the bath with a half cup of clay, for an amazing detox. One lady would do a foot bath every day and she poured the water out into her plants, and it killed them because of the toxins that were in the water after use. Pouring regular clay water, un-used, on plants won't kill them at all, in fact it provides good nutrients for the plant.
8. Clay poultices can be made easily and used for wounds, burns and rashes, including psoriasis and eczema. (the links below will give you more information on how to do all these things).
9. Clay can be fed to your animals to keep them in tip top shape and good health. I have only fed my dogs diatomaceous earth but am thinking about putting clay in their water to see how they respond to it.
10. EXTREMELY good for the treatment of acid reflux. People say they get immediate results that last for more than 12 hours!
How do you take it internally? First, take it on an empty stomach, and the first three days, take only 1/3 teaspoon, the second three days, 2/3 teaspoon, and then go up to 1 tsp a day. I think that should be all you need to stay in top health, unless you have a chronic illness you are trying to overcome, then you may want to take two doses a day.
Read more information below in my resources links, to see all the health benefits you can get out of clay.
And, it is SO cheap!! For under $10 you can have more than a 3-month supply! (depending on how you use it, if you just drink it every day and use it as a face mask once a week).
It works very well with my detox foot pads, to complement the removal of toxins from your body. And I really swear by it, that along with my other natural beauty regiments, this French green clay is so amazing on your face. Don't bother with expensive face creams and masks and spa treatments. I think Mountain Rose Herbs (link below) sells a 1lb bag of it for only $8? That could last you well over a year if you use a mask twice a week. You can't even get something like that at the drug store that cheap, and that REALLY works. I am nearing 40 years old, and I honestly say that my skin looks like I am in my 20s.
Now go out and eat DIRT!
http://www.redmondclay.com/Where I buy mine:
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Monday, September 3, 2012
For September I am offering one of the most popular specials I have ever done in the past: Buy 60 foot pads and get 20 absolutely FREE!
This quantity is the most popular out of all the quantities I sell, and with the 20 free, you will have enough to share with your family members so all will get a good detox.
Buy as many 60-packs as you want, there is no limit, and you can get 20 free with each 60 pack you purchase. Stock up for the holidays as they make good stocking stuffers. Get ready for cold and flu season.
MORE FREE FOOT PADS
And to extend last month's offer... with a twist... to get an ADDITIONAL FREE 10-pack of foot pads please include a testimonial (via this email) when you place your order. Tell me how much you love the foot pads and why you use them. No matter the quantity you order, I will ship out another pack to you. If you order 60 foot pads and also send me a testimonial, I will send you the 60 plus 30 FREE foot pads.
I will use this testimonial on my Facebook page, blog and/or Twitter page. Please be sure to let me know how you want your name, city/state to be listed in the testimonial. (you can be anonymous with your city and state if you want, or just your initials, please state what you would like me to use).